Filing a Complaint for Absolute Divorce

One year and one day after separation began, you may file a complaint for an absolute divorce with the Court. The complaint requires that the spouse filing the complaint verify that they have been a resident of the state for a least six months prior to the filing. It will also include, among other things, whether or not there are children of the marriage and if they are minor children.